Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
Contributors: Georgios  
Title: Department of Antiquities, Republic of Cyprus, Koutsoventis, Monastery of Saint John Chrysostom, general view of katholikon and chapel from north-east (B66043)
Start date: 1000
End date: 1099
Historical Period: Middle Byzantine Period

Koutsoventis, Monastery of Saint John Chrysostom. Τhe katholikon of the monastery, an octagonal type church dedicated to Saint John Chrysostom, was demolished and rebuilt in 1891. The katholikon was originally founded in 1090 by the monk Georgios.
Τhe single-aisled domed chapel of Holy Trinity was built on the north side of the katholikon, possibly around 1100, by the then Duke of Cyprus Eumathios Philokalis.
Photograph taken: 1973

Place: Koutsovéntis, Cyprus  
Languages: No linguistic content; Not applicable
Medium: stone (worked rock)
Project: BYZART Project  
Fond: OUC Department of Antiquities Republic of Cyprus  
Physical type: monasteries (built complexes)
chapels (rooms or structures)
Material and technique: masonry construction (technique or process)
Data provider: Open University of Cyprus  
License: All rights reserved
Rights holder: Patriarchate of Jerusalem  
Appears in Collections:BYZART

Show full item record

Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.