|Title:||Department of Antiquities, Republic of Cyprus, Walled city of Nicosia, Church of Panagia Hodegetria (Bedesten or Bedestan, Exterior, view of the building (A1599)||Start date:||1300||End date:||1399||Historical Period:||Late Byzantine Period||Description:||
Department of Antiquities, Republic of Cyprus, Walled city of Nicosia, Church of Panagia Hodegetria (Bedesten or Bedestan). The Orthodox Cathedral of Panagia Hodegetria was built in the fourteenth century over an early Christian basilica and was expanded in the 15th and 16th centuries. During the Ottoman dominion, it was used as a bedestan (covered market). Exterior, view of the building. Photograph taken 1940.
|Place:||Orthodox Cathedral of Panagia Hodegetria / Bedesten, Cyprus||Languages:||No linguistic content; Not applicable||Medium:||stone (worked rock)||Project:||BYZART Project||Fond:||OUC Department of Antiquities Republic of Cyprus||Physical type:||cathedrals (works by context)
|Material and technique:||masonry construction (technique or process)||Data provider:||Open University of Cyprus||License:||All rights reserved|
|Appears in Collections:||BYZART|
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.