|Title:||Ravenna, Basilica di San Giovanni Evangelista, Nave con marinaio che suona il corno||Start date:||1213||End date:||1213||Historical Period:||Western Middle Ages||Description:||
The mosaic fragment depicting a sailor playing the horn was part of a cycle showing episodes of the Fourth Crusade, which together with the panels with animals still preserved in the Basilica constituted the new floor of the church commissioned by Abbot Gugliemo in 1213
|Place:||S. Giovanni Evangelista Church, Italy||Languages:||No linguistic content; Not applicable||Medium:||stone (worked rock)
pâte de verre (glass)
|Project:||BYZART Project||Fond:||Biblioteca Classense Mario Mazzotti Archive||Physical type:||mosaics (visual works)||Material and technique:||mosaic (process)||Data provider:||Museum of Ravenna||License:||All rights reserved||Rights holder:||Ravenna Diocese|
|Appears in Collections:||BYZART|
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.