The project aims to make digital objects accessible online through Europeana Collections. During the project photos, video and audio content, as well as 3D surveys and reconstructions about Byzantine history and culture will be digitised. The content and accompanying narratives will capture users’ attention and provide them with a rich online experience. In addition, the digitised data will enhance Europeana’s artistic content by adding to the Byzantine art and archaeology material already available on the platform.
The Byzantine art and archaeology project is led by the BYZART consortium.
- University of Bologna, Department of History and Cultures, Italy (project coordinator)
- Ionian University, Department of Audio and Visual Arts, Greece
- Open University of Cyprus, Cyprus
- Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
- Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Institute of Art Studies, Bulgaria
- Institute of Historical Research – National Hellenic Research Foundation, Greece
- Museo d’Arte della città di Ravenna, International Centre for Documentation of Mosaics, Italy
Raffina la ricerca:
Collezioni di questa Community
Byzantine and Post-Byzantine archaeological and artistic heritage from a variety of archives and collections