|Title:||Department of Antiquities, Republic of Cyprus, Pelendri, Church of the Holy Cross, north-west view of the church||Start date:||700||End date:||1199||Historical Period:||Middle Byzantine Period||Description:||
Pelendri, Church of the Holy Cross. The present form of the church is in the type of a triple-aisled domed basilica as a result of several additions and alterations carried out throughout different periods. The original church was a single-aisled domed structure and was destroyed under unknown cause. From the first phase (1178) of building and decoration only the apse and its wall paintings survived. In the fourteenth century the church was extended to the north and in sixteenth century the south aisle was added.
|Languages:||No linguistic content; Not applicable||Medium:||stone (worked rock)||Project:||BYZART Project||Fond:||OUC Department of Antiquities Republic of Cyprus||Physical type:||churches (buildings)||Material and technique:||masonry construction (technique or process)||License:||All rights reserved|
|Appears in Collections:||BYZART|
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.