|Authors:||Goul, Philippos||Title:||Holy Bishopric of Morphou: Mural painting of St Barbara, St Praskeve, St Marina and the Virgin Mary, Church of the Holy Cross of Ayiasmati (8-8, 114, 115)||Start date:||1494||End date:||1494||Historical Period:||Late Byzantine Period||Description:||
In the lower register on the wall are St Barbara, St Paraskeve, andSt Marina, all looking towards the Virgin Mary, standing on the right. The Virgin, beside the entrance, holds an open roll in her left hand; her right hand is raised and she bows her head in supplication towards the figure of her son on the other side of the entrance. He is depicted standing on a footstool, holding an opes Gospel book, and blessing. To the right of him are St Constantine and St Helena, holding the True Cross between them.
|Place:||Stavrós tou Agiasmáti, Cyprus||Languages:||No linguistic content; Not applicable||Medium:||paint (coating)||Project:||BYZART Project||Fond:||OUC Bank of Cyprus Cultural Foundation||Physical type:||mural paintings (visual works)||Material and technique:||painting (image-making)||Data provider:||Open University of Cyprus||License:||All rights reserved||Rights holder:||Holy Bishopric of Morphou|
|Appears in Collections:||BYZART|
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.